Tips for traveling with an elderly parent?

I am having to move across the country with my elderly father, and he is in poor health. He is terrified of getting on an airplane, but driving that far is out of the question for many reasons. We are going to have to travel by plane. He is voicing considerable objection to moving simply because he is too scared to... show more I am having to move across the country with my elderly father, and he is in poor health. He is terrified of getting on an airplane, but driving that far is out of the question for many reasons. We are going to have to travel by plane. He is voicing considerable objection to moving simply because he is too scared to fly, however moving to where we are moving is necessary. I feel helpless and overwhelmed, and I worry that the plane ride will cause him extreme distress and send him into a panic or some kind of emergency health concern landing or something.

Anyone who has traveled by plane with a reluctant elderly parent, please provide me some tips on how to make this transition easier for both of us?