Do trans women like to wear a variety of wigs while they try to figure out how to do female hair?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Wearing wigs is a good way to see, what hairstyle looks best on you.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sure, why not.....they have to learn.

• 6 months ago

Just like any women would at the beginning of that learning curve. Most transsexual women I know, and that is a lot, do not wear wigs at all.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i have a few wigs but havent worn them in years now. At first i was going bald but oestrogen has stopped that and my hair is long now

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Speaking for myself, the only time I've ever worn a wig was when it was a "man" wig for disguising my appearance on a documentary. Other than that, no. I can only think a trans woman would want to wear a wig if she had a problem with hair loss.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes.

In fact, many of them -- especially the drag queens -- spend a majority of their cash on wigs, makeup, shoes and gowns.

This seems to give them confidence that they will be able to pull of the "lady act."

• ...Show all comments
    • Elizabeth
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Trans is short for "transgender". Transgender is an umbrella term that in fact, does include drag queens. Drag queens are mostly straight men, but that community does also include a few transsexual women. Most transsexual women do not spend an inordinate amount of time with wigs or make-up.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.