I don’t stay at jobs? Advice please?

I’m 27 years old and I only usually stay at jobs for a few days. One job I stayed at for a month. I was abused as a child and at 18 I left with a 46 year old to have some kind of freedom who didn’t let me work but I did work as a teen a little. I ended up getting on ssi for severe depression. I’ve been on ssi for 8 years. I am well enough to work and the depression was due to him. I’m having a problem staying at jobs. I go and then quit after a few days. I’ve just started working as of last year and I’ve worked too many places to count. Not sure what to do. My parents never put a work ethic into me, I was extremely held back. My mom encourages me not to go to jobs, she claims she’s worried something will happen to me. I really want to work, I don’t know what to do or what’s wrong with me. Advice anyone? I feel like such a failure.

• audrey

You better grow up in a hurry. The more job hopping you do, the more unemployable you become. See a therapist and talk this problem out or your life will be ruined.

Well being a Christian. i can only give you advice that comes from being a Christian and reading the Bible. when you work do the job as if you are doing it for the Lord and not men. do your best to do the job right and God will reward you when the time is right. i too am on ssi it took me about ten years to get onto it. i worry a lot and can't sleep regularly to hold a job anymore. i am on depression meds and diabetes medicine too.

If you do your work trying to please God instead of men it will not be as bad just do the best you can and the Lord will be with you. put your trust in God and read the Bible and go to Church when you can. Thanks for the question.