I don’t stay at jobs? What do I do?

I’m 27 years old and I only usually stay at jobs for a few days. One job I stayed at for a month. I was abused as a child and at 18 I left with a 46 year old to have some kind of freedom who didn’t let me work but I did work as a teen a little. I ended up getting on ssi for severe depression. I’ve been on ssi for 8... show more I’m 27 years old and I only usually stay at jobs for a few days. One job I stayed at for a month. I was abused as a child and at 18 I left with a 46 year old to have some kind of freedom who didn’t let me work but I did work as a teen a little. I ended up getting on ssi for severe depression. I’ve been on ssi for 8 years. I am well enough to work and the depression was due to him. I’m having a problem staying at jobs. I go and then quit after a few days. I’ve just started working as of last year and I’ve worked too many places to count. Not sure what to do. My parents never put a work ethic into me, I was extremely held back. My mom encourages me not to go to jobs, she claims she’s worried something will happen to me. I really want to work, I don’t know what to do or what’s wrong with me. Advice anyone? I feel like such a failure.
6 answers 6