What difference should a Higher Octane gasoline provide in my car?

Trying to fill the gasoline in my 2003 Chevy Blazer, the fueling station ran out of fuel at the pump! Having already paid for this fuel-up, the station agreed for me to finish-filling my tank with the higher-octane fuel; PREMIUM Unleaded at the cost of the lower-grade REGULAR Unleaded fuel I usually use in my car... show more Trying to fill the gasoline in my 2003 Chevy Blazer, the fueling station ran out of fuel at the pump!
Having already paid for this fuel-up, the station agreed for me to finish-filling my tank with the higher-octane fuel; PREMIUM Unleaded at the cost of the lower-grade REGULAR Unleaded fuel I usually use in my car (simply because it is considerably less expensive.)

What / how / if any "noticeable" difference should I notice using this higher octane fuel (90) vs. the cheaper fuel (83) I usually use in my car?