Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

What do i do? My parents havent talked to each in 3 weeks and my dad has been sleeping in the upstairs room. My mom tries to talk and text?

My dad, but he just ignores her. At this point I feel really bad for my mom and i want to tell her to just move on at this point but i know thats bad cause hes my dad and her husband. What can or what should i do as a son? Some may say not to get involved because its not my buisness.

Tell each of them that you love them and are so sorry for their discord, add that it also hurts you. If you agree, tell them that you would rather be in a broken home, (divorce) than remain in an unhappy one . Good wishes,

not much you can do about it, you cant control what they do

I recommend someone confronting your dad, and asking him "Does he still want to stay married"? If his answer is yes, then this person states to him, then this non-communication has to stop immediately, and to make serious efforts towards a better marriage. Yet if his answer if NO or He is unsure, then he needs to move out of the house TODAY. Tell him this behavior of his is totally UNACCEPTABLE.

Since, I don't know who owns the house, then if your dad refuses to leave, then you and your mother should.

You need to tell your dad how very unhappy his treatment of your mother is making you. Does he want his child(ren) growing up in such an atmosphere? Remind him that you love your mother and him and it hurts you to see your mother so unhappy. Write him a note if you don't feel you can talk to him. Good Luck!

Ask your dad if he loves your mother or if they're gonna divorce. Three weeks is a long time for him to not talk to her so he might be serious about leaving her. Let's hope not and that he just wants her to suffer a little longer.