Is it normal for a ps4 to get warm after a few minutes of gaming?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Unfortunatelly yes

• 6 months ago

Not just after a few minutes, make sure you give it a good dusting every day, and compressed air cans are great for cleaning out the fan slots (just make sure it's disconnected!)

• Will
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. You need to get away from it when that happens because it could explode! Of course that's normal. It would be strange if it remained cold.

• 6 months ago

yes just a little bit

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yeah probably kaksmazkx

• 6 months ago

Yes, i guess it is

• 6 months ago

Yes! It's supposed to! Because the motherboard is a process holder and the electrons going through the motherboard at the speed of light to process the info at seconds and milliseconds at a time. Same goes for your ur monitor, smartphone and tablet. Except the PS4 has a fan because it's more of a powerful "machine" or device, that can move or process more info quicker. Just like ur iPad, Samsung, Amazon Fire or iPhones or Samsung phones. Everything overheats. Just like when you get a headache for processing more info, it hurts to stop ur brain to stop and rest. My PS4 and iPhone and Amazon Fire HD 8 8th gen gets hot playing GTA all the time, or browsing the web.

• 6 months ago

Yes it is normal. Gaming requires a lot of processing power from both the CPU, graphics card, PSU, etc. As a by-product of working, electronic devices generate heat.

• ...Show all comments
    • Master Of Puppets
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Sorry. I completely misread the comment. I somehow assumed you wrote "water". But yes, warm air is normal. The fans blow out the warm-hot air out the vents. Heat and electronics don't mix together, so that's why they have vents and fans to keep the system cool. Please ignore my first comment.

• 6 months ago

I've dealt with that so I'd have to say yes.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

maybe not,my laptop was doing that and then it died

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.