Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 5 months ago

Will just hating Trump be enough to win white house?

Do a lot of people actually like any of the democratic candidates?

seems like this election is just "we hate Trump" not "we really like candidate A"

has any candidate ever won the white house based purely on hating the incumbent?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes if he's not your president.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In a nation where emotion serves as a stand-in for actually knowing how the government functions it could be.

• 5 months ago

Well, let's see............

just flat out hating of Sarah Palin, ---for GOOD reason........cost John McCain the White House.

Flat out senseless racist hating of Obama........cost the cons the White house in 2008 and 2012.

Flat out hating of Hillary, by cons and dems alike, ---- *did* win Trump the White house.........

so yessssss, it's a mixed bag and just sheer flat out hating does have power sometimes.......but it can also backfire, when the hating is without sound reason.

Trump has given same near everyone more than enough reasons to hate him........so that's good hate, that WILL cost him.

If it was senseless , unfounded hate, without any good reason.....then it would work in his favor.

But in Trump's case.......the hate is well justified....and his support is waning,.

• Sally
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

No

Zionist Israel decided over a year ago that Trump will serve a second term

After that it will be the Democrat's turn to have Whitehouse for eight years

Source(s): www.AIPAC.com
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

That's the history of many elections. Says a lot about how politics works.

I think both the Democrats and Republicans should be hung out to dry for offering either Trump or Clinton as a candidate.

Talk about a Turd sanwich or a Giant Douche, LOL.

• 5 months ago

Bashing your opponent in politics goes back to the early days of democracy. Read up on some Cicero if you want to see how Rome did it. However, I think it's a clear sign that you have nothing good to offer if you only keep the attention on your opponent. The fact that Bob is a liar doesn't make John a good guy.

• Kevin
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

They'll be lucky to keep the House.

• 5 months ago

No. The “I HATE TRUMP” burger needs to be combo-mealed with a healthy portion of “AND IVE ALSO GOT FREE STUFF”.

• horst
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Most of the democrats seem like normal people. Trump is not a normal person. He is insane.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I feel enormous respect for Elizabeth Warren, for her qualifications, knowledge, and plans. She is the best-qualified candidate -- and vastly better qualified than Trump.

Yes, if you look into the history, hatred has played a serious role in electoral results.

• KaleyK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I liked Warren until she recently made statements about "the murder in Ferguson, MO five years ago". She's either delusional, uniformed, pandering, or just plain stupid.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.