Is CNN trying to manufacture a Trump/Jew controversy?

I see CNN claiming there is a firestorm, some controversy. I see someone here say Trump made controversial comments about Israel. But I don't see the comment that is supposed to be controversial.

Sure, he said a vote for a dem means you are not loyal to Israel. So what. Given the new antisemitic thread running through the dem party, that does not sound very controversial.

What IS CNN talking about?

Don't pay any attention to CNN.

• Sharon

Trump pushed a tweet calling him King of Israel, but we all await clarification: Hasmonean or Maccabbean?

• Trump is the farthest thing from anti-Semitic. He rightfully recognizes Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. He moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem. He rightfully gave Israel her Golan Heights. He is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT when he says that a Jewish democrat is a traitor to Israel. Only traitors could support anti-Semites and nazis. If Jewish democrats disagree with this, they shouldn't have the right to vote because they're not being realistic and are certainly not rational.

Trump started it and got reported. He is responsible and it isn't doing him any good.

I hate Trump and I watch CNN, but even I must admit that they are trying a bit too hard some nights to find something against Trump. It is getting a bit boring when they have different panels all day and night discussing the same minor issue for hour after hour.

They should move on and discuss somebody else occasionally.

They are ''gearing up'' the racism angle again also.

No, Trump is. He's trying to use anti-Semitism as a fake smear.

• Mr Sceptic

No, that's not my excuse. It should be rooted out wherever it's found. What you're doing is a) strawman tactics - accusing me of a position I don't hold, then criticising that position b) falsely suggesting anti-Semitism is endemic in one party c) conflating anti-Semitism with criticism of Israel.