Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Exactly what to say to haters/people when you lose weight and get really fit, feel great,?

and they come out with comments like you need to eat something, you're going to blow away, you don't have muscle mass, or try to push food on you, unhealthy of course. No-no eating disorder. This comes from so called friends and some family. Yet when out, total strangers come up to you and ask how they can have a shape like you, that you look great, and ask about your fitness routine. Didn't expect this when the weight loss journey began. How do you explain this. The people that should be proud and happy for me aren't. Is this common? Were they really haters all along?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Ignore them. It's jealousy on their part. Just one more thing they can't feel superior to you about.

• 6 months ago

Look at me now.

• 6 months ago

They're jealous they wanted you to always be the one that had more unhealthy weight than them so that they could feel good about their terrible decisions. That's exactly what that's about and they're being mean because they wish it was them looking better and more fit and not you. Hurt people hurt other people.

• 6 months ago

Some people are ignorant and i'd say jealous too. Plus if you were heavier before, they aren't used to looking at you because you're at a lower weight.

I lost a lot of weight on Keto and i still eat that way. I get a comment once in a while, and i just ignore it. Actually, i'd like to say "well, you're fat"... but i don't! That's just as rude.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

This is common. Overweight and out of shape is the new norm. Have the self confidence and self-esteem to know that if you feel and look good, that's all that matters. If others are making positive comments-hold onto those. So many envious and jealous people around. That's what it really is.

• 6 months ago

Maybe their assessment is correct and you've gone too far? Just sayin'.

• 6 months ago

i'm not really sure how to answer this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.