Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 3 months ago

What, if anything, would ever change your mind on global warming?

Science. Science, and the evidence I can see around me tells me it is happening. Science is going to have to tell me it isn't. No politician, or thumbs down on Y!A will do it!

• Darwinist

Yahoo Joker; the most delusional "skeptic" of them all.

Science of course. Not some politician with no background. But I want proof! Not he said she said bs.

• Horse3 months agoReport

The OP is a paid troll and sock account of user "Super Hans." He gives Best Answers to global warmists and global warmist paid trolls. He also deleted my answer the first time I posted by reporting w/ all his socks.

• sam

The laws of physics would have to shown to be wrong along with multiple measurements of radiation

At this point, the only evidence that would change my mind is that we discover and quantify some natural process that will cool the Earth and offset the impact of our CO2 emissions over long periods of time.

For example, we are about to experience a solar mininum. This might offset global warming for a decade or two, but if we keep pumping CO2 then, as soon as it ends, the warming will ramp up. This natural event simply delays the impact. So to prove to me that global warming isn't something we need to tackle, I need evidence that some long term cooling factor exists. What is it, how long will it last, how much will it offset warming?

• 3 months agoReport

OK i thought you were saying the opposite

I believe in natural climate change. Global Warming and global cooling are natural climate cycles that have been happening for millions of years. Mankind is just another species.

The planet to stop warming 10 times faster than normal and not explained by something else like a super volcano

• JimZ

In order for my mind to change, I would need additional evidence that indicates my previous mind was in error. Since my previous mind preached that we don't know, it would be hard to change it. They can provide more evidence but there will still be doubt. IMO, the evidence indicates we are likely causing some warming beyond what the natural trend was. The natural trend was warming so additional warming won't change my mind. It was the trend already. Much of the warming we have had has had beneficial consequences so it doesn't help when people exaggerate the threat and refuse to acknowledge any benefits. It also doesn't help their argument when they act like Chicken Little and say we only have 10 years to act because that song and dance has been going on for decades. When they say act, the action always involves enacting their ruinous left wing agenda that taxes normals and empowers them over our economy.

If I could find someone who could provide a convincing answer to any of my queries on the subject.

I will give you two to get you started:

1) Why did Greenland's temperature fall for around 10,000 years while CO2 levels increased?

2) What caused the 800 year lag in Vostok Ice Core data? Was it scientists who could not interpret the results correctly or was it genuine? If it was genuine, when did it stop happening and why did it stop?

• Dirac

graphicconception, here's a logic question for it, consult a text if you need help: if A implies B, does that mean that B can't imply A?

Why does my mind need to be changed? What do you think about Global Warming?

• Horse3 months agoReport

A MAJORITY of scientist saying it were so. Right now most say this is happening. And it is mainly human caused

This is why I believe anything is or isn't true. I have to go by what a majority of experts say. How else does an ordinary person know anything.

• Horse3 months agoReport

Doesn't matter the proved or not proved consequences of pollution. The fact is that Earth is going to shiit so as we.

• Horse3 months agoReport