Is it normal to hope to see some big political scandal or terrorist attack or natural disaster when you open the news?

• steve

I think it is normal to find it when you look at the news.

I would be concerned about my sanity if I hoped I found it.

**** happens but not at your request. So some days you look at the news and bad things have happened, other days everything is good.

It is not normal to hope something bad has happened every time you look at the news.

• GiGi

No it isn't. But, that is why the MSM is so dramatic in their news. They hope people become addicted to the hype.

perfectly normal nobody would watch the news otherwise

It sells so why not?

Right now we are in a psy-op, possibly orchestrated by Trump to hear about Trump all day every day. A youtube ad asks if we like Trump or not and the paper and the news on tv has a ticker about every little thing Trump does and then there's a march saying "---- Trump!"

I think the North Koreans hear less about the dear leader. It's not an expectation, it is everything. It is your life because they made it that way and you were dumb enough to literally get on the bandwagon, with a d'jembe and a bandana over your face while posting pics to Facebook, waiting for an ad about Trump! Ha.

Nowadays it is normal.

The world lives on nonsense.

Sometimes sociopathic is hard to tell apart from normal..

• Sherry

Depends on how you define normal. It's foolish to think someone else's misfortune can't impact you in a negative way. And just remember, there are others out there hoping the same thing, and they don't care if you are the victim. You're not even a real person to them, just a part of the story on the news. A character.

No, but it's a dangerous world and those things happen. LOL

That's what Republicans did for 8 years.