Does getting married mean you’ll see more money in your check? I recently added my wife to my benefits at work, also expecting in April?

if you changed your W2 from single to married yes you will see more money in your check instead of deducted for taxes

Depends on whether you've adjusted your dependents on your W-2. But you will have a child tax deduction you can take in future tax years.

• rick

In spite of all the hype to the contrary, it just doesn't work that way in the real world. When I got married, it cost me $2000 a year in additional taxes and fees.

No. You get paid for the work you do - not whether you are married or not or if you have a dozen children. Marriage and families cost money.

• Luis5 months agoReport

I’m talking about whether it effects the taxes I have to pay to the government dude resulting in a bigger take home.

• bond

It means another deduction and possible credits when you file a return.