Lôn
Lôn asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 months ago

Why are so many people on Y!A unable to distinguish between simple words in their own language and become belligerent if anyone tells them?

Favorite Answer

Because they are using an automatic word filler that guesses what will be next. The program can't distinguish between their and there. They also use abbreviated words and phonetics to spell their words. And they type so fast that they miss letters. So what? Why do you feel it's your duty to lecture them? It isn't going to make them more diligent at spelling.

"Why are so many people become belligerent?" You're a great one to be criticizing other people's English.

• Lôn

Learn to read...I wrote " why are so many people on Y!A unable to distinguish between simple words in their own language......and (they) become belligerent if anyone tells them."

You can't leave words out to make it sound wrong!

Really, Lôn? From what I've seen so far, you are the belligerent one. Why do you think you are appointed to correct people, especially in a language that you keep saying is not even your own? Junior high school mentality. And yes, some people do make mistakes on purpose just to bother you ... and that is indeed funny.

• Lôn

When people start to write correctly, I won't correct them.
      It's sad that someone whose first language is not English CAN correct people's mother tongue. I would be ashamed if my Welsh were as bad as their English...they don't seem bothered...some even think it's funny..

Its another sign of stupidity. Seldom do they understand the questions and give actual answers. On most of the threads theres name calling. It used to bother me, but then i figured out that its the best they can do.

• Lôn

It's, not its; there's not theres; I not i.......sorry, I couldn't resist!