Is there ever a good reason to hurt or kill someone's pet?

Long ago, someone had an out of control American Bully. It would bark at practically everyone, keep you awaken all night long and if it weren't for the fence, it would have biten/injure someone. Long story short, one day my friend and I (both 12 at the time) shot it with 2 arrows, killing it. That's the... show more Long ago, someone had an out of control American Bully. It would bark at practically everyone, keep you awaken all night long and if it weren't for the fence, it would have biten/injure someone.

Long story short, one day my friend and I (both 12 at the time) shot it with 2 arrows, killing it.

That's the only single time we ever hurt an animal. We hated it. Other people hated it too.
Update: Hardly anyone felt sorry when the owner cried. I sure didn't. I was happy that vicious thing was dead.