Dropping out of graduate school?

It's so hard to figure out what I want to do with my life. I changed my major so many times as an undergraduate and finally graduated with an English degree with plans to study Elementary education on a graduate level. I have now finished one year (two semesters) of grad school. However, I have extreme doubts... show more It's so hard to figure out what I want to do with my life. I changed my major so many times as an undergraduate and finally graduated with an English degree with plans to study Elementary education on a graduate level. I have now finished one year (two semesters) of grad school. However, I have extreme doubts about it.

To start, I have a social anxiety disorder, which makes it difficult to feel comfortable in front of the classroom. While speaking to a bunch of second graders isn't too difficult, the fact that my mentor teacher and support staff were watching really exacerbated my anxiety. Forming a relationship with my mentor teacher was hard too since I found myself nervous to talk to her. I really tried and made an effort, but it was mentally and physically exhausting. I'm genuinely concerned for my wellbeing and can't imagine how I will be able to keep this up for the second half of graduate school, as well as in my future career as a teacher.

The idea of student teaching in the Spring is causing me to lose sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I can't breathe after having nightmares about student teaching. I think I need to drop out, but I'm worried about the stigma of being a "quitter." My parents will be really disappointed too. As much as I like the IDEA of being a teacher, I really don't think I'm well-suited for the job. Pushing through the last year doesn't seem worth it.

So, my question is: How dumb is it to drop out of graduate school?