how can i get myself to sit down and do homework?

Im 15 years old, and next week I go back to school, this is my second last year of school and in 2020 are my finals which will determine my future. Ever since I was a child I had a big problem with sitting down to actually do homework. I would forget or get distracted. And since i live far from school i often get home very late leaving little time to do much. Usually i'll sit down, then get distracted by mundane things like my cat, food, laptop or sleeping. I also find it so hard to actually focus on my schoolwork when i'm at home. Like i said its been like this basically all my life, when I was 8 I never did homework, my primary school teacher even said i could stay in for extra 5 minutes at break time to do the homework since i had problem doing it at home. Can someone give advice? I dont think i can afford to keep being this way

Tie yourself to the chair.

Try to have a little self-discipline. You can do it !

Maybe you can get someone to sponsor you.

Like people who sponsor runners. But for you,

it's finishing homework. For every homework you

do, you get $2.00

I once gave my kid $700 if he'd pass math. He DID pass.

Yeet and electronics out of the way play some music if that helps and just focused on what u learned and do your homework

Look at your homework as YOUR work of art. This isn t farfetched. It really is your achievement. You determine the quality, even perfection of this creation. Use special paper and the sharpest pencil of just the right hardness #2 for example. Number the pages, date the pages with your name. You know the teacher is going to be impressed but you are doing this for yourself. Don t look at homework as drudgery. It is your opportunity to create something of superior beauty. Someone else might realize this is taking pride in what you turn in with your name signed. Not something rushed or scribbled or incomplete but flawless and perfect. I hope you can get excited about homework. No one EVER regrets turning in perfect papers but many wish they had memories of homework to be proud of. Please make your life a work of art. Why not? Why isn t your life worthy of that goal? It is. You must be your own best friend.

Make a schedule (eg you get home, have a snack, then sit down and do homework immediately). Get your family onside to help you implement it.

Do your homework somewhere with no distractions - eg a desk, not the sofa.

• audrey

You need to grow up in a hurry. If you have a hope of college, your grades start now. Cody is right.

You might get distracted from homework, but no-one, ever, has 'forgotten' to do it. The real reason you are making excuses is that you hate doing it. Even though this is the thing that will potentially net you a good education, a better salary and status in life. I suggest that instead of silly distractions, if your mind wanders, think of what you will gain from better educational results and what you will lose. Set 10 minutes to do this, before getting back to your homework. Write a list of all the things you will gain from a better education, i.e. college, a career, a fat salary exotic holidays, a fast car, maybe even a better class of girl or boyfriend. On the other list will come difficulty in affording somewhere decent to live, less respect from others, a boring, mundane job, getting into debt, shopping for bargains and so on. And repeat this exercise often, so that you focus more on what really matters in life. There is NOTHING that is better or more important than concentrating on your education, because it sets you up for life.

Just imagine the bridge youll be sleeping under if you dont graduate