How can i get myself to sit down and do homework?

Im 15 years old, and next week I go back to school, this is my second last year of school and in 2020 are my finals which will determine my future. Ever since I was a child I had a big problem with sitting down to actually do homework. I would forget or get distracted. And since i live far from school i often get... show more Im 15 years old, and next week I go back to school, this is my second last year of school and in 2020 are my finals which will determine my future. Ever since I was a child I had a big problem with sitting down to actually do homework. I would forget or get distracted. And since i live far from school i often get home very late leaving little time to do much. Usually i'll sit down, then get distracted by mundane things like my cat, food, laptop or sleeping. I also find it so hard to actually focus on my schoolwork when i'm at home. Like i said its been like this basically all my life, when I was 8 I never did homework, my primary school teacher even said i could stay in for extra 5 minutes at break time to do the homework since i had problem doing it at home. Can someone give advice? I dont think i can afford to keep being this way
7 answers 7