Tori asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 5 months ago

What Steps do I need to take to become a primary school teacher?

I am starting Year 10 in september and want to become a primary teacher, but I dont understand how to do that. I know I have to get a C grade GSCE in the core subjects as a minimum but i m not sure on the college courses and university courses i need

You can either do a BEd with QTS, or a degree followed by a postgraduate teaching qualification that provides qualified teacher status. That can be a PGCE or school centred initial teacher training. Whichever option you do will involve a placement in school.

The best A-levels to do are ones which are core curricular (e.g. English, maths, science subjects, history, geography, a modern language), though there are no specific requirements.

• Andrew

The requirements for becoming a certified teacher vary from one place to another. Without knowing where you live or where you'd like to work, we can't provide you with accurate information.

• Tavy

If you google how to become a primary school teacher it will tell you all the steps.

Your best source of information will be the careers teacher at school. Suggest you let whoever is responsible for that, guide and advise you.