How do i help get rid of thrush?

I have had Thrush for about a month now and have took many tablets and creams to help get rid of it. Some prescribed and some not and I was just wondering I'd there anything I can do to help get rid of it as it still hasn't gone

• Lili

See the doctor again. If the problem hasn't gone away, it may not be thrush, You need full testing.

Sometimes a case of thrush is very persistent and requires several rounds of treatment, but this is unusual. Fluconazole (called Diflucan in the US) will usually clear up a case quickly. (The OTC creams are often not that effective.) If fluconazole hasn't worked for you, you may not have thrush. Only a doctor can help you figure out what's going on.

I should mention: in a woman, the onset of her period usually clears up a thrush infection. If you've had a period but still have the problem, it may well not be thrush.

If it IS thrush, you may want to add probiotics to your treatment regimen. Three acidophilus capsules per day for a week could help. But get a proper test done first.

• Bill

obviously you have not seena doctor so the question --is it thrush or an STD

• Tavy

See your Doctor, you need a swab test to find out which bug you have.

• Robin

cut down your sugar intake. High sugar feeds yeasts

• patty

u have too much yeast in your system. Maybe see your dr. You will get a urine test.