Unprotected sex 18 days after period ended?

Boyfriend ejaculated inside me 18 days after my period finished, my cycle varies from 24-28 days. Could i still get pregnant?

You can get pregnant any day and the month, you can even get prego while on your period. Didn't they teach you sex ed in school?

If you're not on birth control, then it's possible to get pregnant anytime you let him shoot his load in you. Hell girl, I know it feels good to both of you and you know you love it.

Catholics used to have large families because they thought they could time their ovulation and found out they were frequently wrong.

• John P

I agree. No method relying on dates is ever 100% effective as birth control. Get this straight - if you want to enjoy sex without getting pregnant, always, always use fully certified birth control. If he won't use condoms, you must use the pill, or implant etc.

avoid unprotected sex

YES. You can ovulate late, especially if you are stressing yourself out. Did he *** inside you? If so you might be. Sperm can live inside the vagina for up to 5 days.

Ovulation can be late during any cycle.

Based on your usual cycle time, you should be past ovulation with almost no chance for pregnancy.

But - again - ovulation can be late during any cycle.

If you ovulate late, sure. And ovulating a little late is totally normal.

If you are worried about it, wouldn't it make more sense to ask this question before?

You 'should' be past your ovulation date but I wouldn't bet a million dollars on it.

• Pippin

Based on a calendar, that would seem unlikely to be a fertile day -- but anything is possible.

Since you are clearly trying to conceive, a better understanding of when you are mostly likely to be fertile would be sensible.

• John P

Indeed never rely on the calendar to protect you from getting pregnant. Truly "never", not at any time of the month. Mother Nature does like to spring surprises.