Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

Why do people sign up for boot camp knowing they will get treated like crap, or do they actually love getting treated like crap?!?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

The idea is not to be treated like crap, but to be trained and learn new skills.

You don't go in thinking you know everything there is to know..............because you don't.

You go in to learn.

• 6 months ago

They get treated “like crap” for their OWN GOOD. Boot camp is meant to break you down (get treated “like crap”) then build you back up. The drill instructors do it because they want the best for their recruits and to prepare them for military life.

I’m joining the Marines soon and I’m going to be treated “like crap” with zero complaints, because I know that’s part of the process. It’s going to be an honor, because I know it’ll make me stronger in the end!

• Kevin6 months agoReport

You are dumb if you think that treatment is going to accomplish something. The military and government dont give a damn about you

• 6 months ago

People do not sign up for boot camp. They sign up for the military. Basic training is a method of instilling some basic concepts, like following orders, that new recruits may never have considered before. It could be done more gently, but then it would take years instead of a couple months.

• 6 months ago

Most know that once they get through it they become a better person than they were when they started.

Former SSgt.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That's what boot camp is all about. They treat you like crap, but gradually you realize you can put up with it That's when you are no longer a "boot"

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They are adult enough to know that will pass and the ultimate goal is worth it. Just like the pain of climbing a huge mountain. Or running a marathon to get to that finish line.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well they sign up for the military. Boot camp (Marines) and basic training (everyone else) is just the basic training that everyone in the military has to go through so that everyone has the same basic skill sets and knowledge before they go off into their specialized fields. It's like the general education courses in college that everyone has to take just to establish a basic competency and knowledge base.

• 6 months ago

Good question

If someone wants to spend a lot of money in order to to be yelled at, treated like crap, told they they are worthless and generally made to feel like a low creature by an angry tyrant they should just take a certain ex girlfriend of mine away for a weekend holiday.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

because that is part of enlisting and worth it in the long run

• 6 months ago

For a challenge.

Same reason people climb Mount Everest.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.