maria asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 4 months ago

Is just answer health a scam or should it be trusted?

So I accidentally swallowed a bit of pinesol (I’ve been drinking water) and I needed an immediate answer if I was okay and they were asking me stuff like “what are your symptoms” “how’s your family history”. I answered everything and they say “OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.”. So I’m like should i trust them or is it a scam? Should I trust them??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

JustAnswer (then titled "ExpertAsk") was founded in 2003 by CEO Andy Kurtzig. He came up with the idea for the website while he and his wife were expecting their first child, as Kurtzig found that he had difficulty getting his doctor to answer questions outside of scheduled appointment times.Kurtzig decided to create a website that allowed people to ask questions and receive answers from doctors and other experts 24 hours a day.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No,it is a scam. If you feel sick then go to the hospital your self.

• Me2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Most ingredients in Original Pine-Sol Multi-Surface Cleaner are either toxic to some degree or their metabolic products are toxic.  At the concentrations in the product, however, they are not particularly hazardous, but the manufacturer warns, "Ingestion may cause irritation to mucous membranes and gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea" and instructs to "Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice."

While Answer Health in Michigan is legitimate, I don't understand the referral to JustAnswer in San Francisco.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You are consulting a doctor. It is just right to pay them. $5 is really cheap so if you don't trust them, rush to the emergency room (ER) at the nearest hospital now.

Anyway, most household chemicals have instructions on what to do written on the back label of the container. It usually starts with something like, "In case of accidental ingestion, ...".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Adrian
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Just go to a real clinic or emergency room. Don't mess around with online "medical help", you have no idea if they are really legitimate.

Also, most towns have a "poison control center", call them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.