Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 4 months ago

I saw a mother slapping her teenage boy's face. When I confronted her, she slapped him again and told me mind my own business. Is she right?

This is Mississippi, where parents (and even teachers) are allowed to physically discipline students, and a mother slapping her son's face is perfectly legal. I was walking through a park in the middle of the day when I saw a mother with her son, he must have been about 15 or 16. And I think I heard him swear at her.

In response, she slapped him across his face so hard I could see his left cheek turn red instantly. "What did you say?", she said, and slapped the boy's face again, so hard it snapped to the right. He began to cry, but the mother grabbed him by the nape of the neck and marched him alongside her.

I had watched rather shocked, but to see a boy in his mid-teens slapped in the face didn't sit right with me. I walked up to the mother and said, "I really don't think it's necessary to slap your child's face." I saw the boy's cheek was scarlet from the slaps, and he was still sniffing. And she spun her teenager around and gave his face a third sharp slap that made him cry again. She put her hand under his chin to make him look at me and said, "Tell him what you called me".

It turned out that he'd called her a b*£ch. Which is bad, of course. But does it really merit humiliating your 16-year old son in public like that? I have always thought striking someone's face is extremely disrespectful, since it's very humiliating. For a teenager to be put through that by her mother, can it be right even if it's legal?

• audrey
    Favorite Answer

He deserved the first slap. The other two may have been a little excessive, but there is no reason to call your MOTHER a b*tch.

Just stay out of other people's business. The pound sign in your expletive tends to indicate you don't live in Mississippi and are judging from afar. But a slap isn't a punch and humiliation isn't always abuse. You just do you and don't worry about what others are doing.

It is wrong and better handled at home. And it could cause her being charged with abuse. Anyone who calls his mother is a very rude person.

It’s not your kid

Ha ha ha we need more of that.

• Cathy

She is not right

The next time that happens grab her by her pvssy

Source(s): Donald Trump
  • Alan H

As you relate it, that was abuse

i wouldve called cps on her, my mother used to slap me in the face and i would get the belt too, sometimes i wish i had called

• donnie

No, it is assult. Even if he deserved it. If you see it talk to the police. They are REQUIRED to do something.

Nice story, you should do well in your creative writing class.

I've got a better question: What are you doing in Mississippi? Is this crude behavior? You betcha.