J asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 5 months ago

How can I keep spiders away from my car?

I keep seeing spiders in my cars side mirror, there is a crack that they can crawl in and live behind the mirror there. I used a spider killing spray and sprayed around the mirror and it got rid of one of the spiders but I have now seen another one living in the side mirror. Also I have notied some spider webs inside of my car, haven't seen any spiders inside the car yet but have seen the webs. I just really don’t want spiders in my car, I have a big fear of spiders and if I saw one crawling around the inside of my car I would likely freak out and have a wreck. Any solitions to keep the spiders away from my car permanently?

I've employed the services of a flock of spider eating starlings for literally days now.

Not only do they keep my car clear of arachnids but they produce tonnes of free guano over the period of decades.

I thoroughly recommend them.

I use a garden hose and wash the car occasionally so blast the mirrors. Spiders don't like cold wetness so they move out.

• Shark

seal the crack with caulking

Well, your problem is not spiders, it is your fear of them and for the like of me, I don't know why.

There are worse critters that can wind up in your car like a hornet.

At least the spiders won't hurt you at all.

Maybe get in the habit of just ignoring them.

Parking your car further away from shrubs and not under trees will help.

Could be a lot worse with spider fear, like living in Australia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4Y4j5bYB0

Youtube thumbnail

• frank

Regarding inside of any car, if all windows can be rolled up, the heat from the sun will take care of any bugs. For the outside crack on your mirror, take some mothballs, and cut them to smaller pieces, and use a tweezer to place them inside the crack.

I have spiders setting up home in my mirrors, that's quite usual. Even if I flush 'em out there's another one there within a day or two. I've even been known to wind the web around a twig or something and take it away complete with resident spider. There's still another one there shortly. It won't be for long, at least here. Autumn and frosts are just around the corner, that'll put paid to them.

I'd guess the webs you've seen inside the car are tiny ones made by baby spiders. Attention with a vacuum cleaner to the nooks and crannies near the web will hoist them out of hiding and away. At least, that always works for me.

• Ron

You can set a spider bomb off inside your car then carefully wrap the car in plastic..

no you can't.

Spiders are good for your car, they catch lots of other smaller bugs you don't see.

They are doing no harm behind your mirror, leave them be.

You can't. You can chase them out and more will come, but usually it's more seasonal than chronic.

Have you considered WASHING and CLEANING your car?