my car was hit in parking lot. how to file a report?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In Los Angeles police do not take police reports for car accident unless someone is injured or hit and run because a hit and run is a crime. Go into the police station and file a police report.

Then call your auto insurance company and file a claim. If you don't have collision coverage you have no coverage. File a claim anyways. Look to see if there are any cameras in your area.

• g
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You need to contact your insurance provider, Frank, if you wish to file a not-at-fault claim.

Only take the time to do so however if you have collision coverage on your vehicle. Otherwise, they can't help you. You would be on your own.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Pick up your phone, call your insurance agent, and say to him "Someone hit my car in a parking lot".

• 5 months ago

First you need to figure out who you're reporting it to.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Call the number on the back of your insurance card.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

In MY State you would file a report of hit and run with the Police and then file a claim with your insurance carrier.

• 5 months ago

Beat the person up that hit you! There report done lol!

• 5 months ago

Contact your insurance and possibly the police as well

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Unless you have serious damage that requires a police investigation, just visit your local police station to make the report or sometimes you can even do it online.

If you were hit in the parking lot of a Walmart or large grocery chain (or even a college campus), there's a good chance that the perpetrator will be on camera.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Contact your insurer by telephone.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.