Don't earn a lot of money as a CPA and don't like the job much. Should I change careers to a nurse practitioner?

Hey, I am a 28 year old man with a M.S in Accounting and a CPA. I work at a CPA firm and they pay me about $60,000. I don't particularly like my job and its hard to get a promotion. Furthermore, the market seems flooded with CPAs, MBAs and BBAs so its hard to get a better paying job. Most business majors are... show more Hey,

I am a 28 year old man with a M.S in Accounting and a CPA. I work at a CPA firm and they pay me about $60,000. I don't particularly like my job and its hard to get a promotion. Furthermore, the market seems flooded with CPAs, MBAs and BBAs so its hard to get a better paying job. Most business majors are doing worse than me, since the market is so filled with business degrees, so I feel fortunate at least.

I like the idea of being a nurse practitioner, and realize that I have to work as a RN a few years before becoming a NP. However, I feel embarrassed going back to school for undergrad. and having to take classes with 19 year old girls. I also realize that it will take about 6 years. (4 years pre reqs. 2 years M.S and 2 years as an RN)

Is it worth it? I realize that NPs make over hundred thousand on average and it seems like a funner job than this. Thoughts?