ya asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Can I store birth control in a ziplock bag long term?

Can i put 21 pills in a ziplock bag or do they NEED to stay in the tray to “stay fresh”

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I suppose you could store them in a Zip-Lock bag for long term, but why would you want to? Store them in the container they come in until you're ready to use them.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I would think that a ziplock bag might draw moisture, depending where it might be. Leave the birth control pill in the form you received them.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. There is a good reason why any kind of pill is stored in an opaque bottle. Have you ever noticed that pills are never stored in clear glass containers?

• 6 months ago

They need to be protected from light.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No you can’t it goes bad rather fast

• MissA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They need to stay in the tray. It keeps them clean, dry, and unoxidized in a way a ziploc bag can't do. The tray also helps you be sure you haven't missed any doses or doubled up inadvertently.

• D_21
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You need to leave the pills in the pack.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Cannot think of a single logical reason to do this. The pill packs tell you at a glance if you might have missed a pill, and remind you that you took it today. And they are so tiny that taking one out of the bag might be difficult.

Why do you think you need to do this? Who are you trying to hide your pills from?

• 6 months ago

A cop would probably think they are a controlled substance if you have them in a zip-lock bag. Could get you arrested, until they test them.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lafawnduh
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

An example for the child Kaylee- a drug dealer could buy a pill press (they do this), they can press ecstasy to resemble birth control pills. It's why officers question pills that are not in their prescription bottles. It happens all the time.

• Kaylee
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You can put them in a ziplock bag BUT make sure you keep the pills at room temp , not too cold not too hot. If you have the Manuel it will tell you the exact temps. Not keeping them at right temps could make the pills become inactive and you could possibly become pregnant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.