In a Job interview when they want to know my desired salary, How should i respond?

Favorite Answer

Hi Charlie,

When a future employer asks you about your desired salary the best you can do is to be flexible. You may answer "If this is the right job for me, I am sure we can come to an agreement on salary" or "My salary requirement is negotiable based upon the job responsibilities". You understand that salary depends on the duties you will have. So you should tell him the same thing.

• Do some research on the job you're applying for, find out what the average pay is. You can try asking for a few dollars more.

One tactic: "In a year I would like to be making $xx,xxx." This puts the ball in their court while opening up negotiations.

" I like the company very much and I'm career oriented. What is the salary range of this position?"

• Mark

I wôuld shoot for $15 as any dcnt job's

strting is around tha now & yurs shuld

be too but if on benfits go way lôwėr.

Ask too high and you might not get the job. Too low and you work for cheap.

• CiCi

I normally just mention what they have in the job description/ad