Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 6 months ago

Where could I sell plants I grow in my apartment? There is a shelf with grow lights I am thinking about getting?

My dream job would be to start a diet food and delivery service with organic local foods. Raise my own chickens and have a green house. To start I was thinking about getting in the microgreen business. How can I sell if I start with apartment growing?

• John

One of our tomato plants is 6 feet tall and about 2 feet across. Our little zucchini plant (as zucchinis go) is about 2 feet across The two of them will fill your bathroom or most of your kitchen to the point of making it difficult to cook. Any kind of real crop of anything worth selling will fill your entire apartment with plants and you will clear $100 with any luck. Maybe you don't realize how much space it takes to grow plants. A few herbs, sure. You want to grow eggplant for sale you need 300 square feet to start.

Contact your health department in your city if any of this is going to be eaten by people.

• Jay

You will take your first batch of greens to small local restaurants and 'gift' them to the cook/chef/owner. You give them your business card and let them know what the price will be if they decide to order from you.

You should be prepared to get 9 'NO's for every one 'YES'.

• Rick B

Local farmer's market.