Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 8 months ago

Is it possible for cellulitis to go away on its own?

Cellulitis is an infection involving the lower layers of skin or layers below the skin. Its not impossible for cellulitis to go away on its own but without treatment it is more likely to get worse than better. The reason is that upper layers of the skin have open spaces that enable white blood cells to move among the skin cells and a capillary network to supply WBCs. So when an infection starts in the skin, it is readily engulfed by WBCs that kill the pathogen. Once you get below the upper skin layer, there are far fewer capillaries and there are also membranes and connective tissues that block the movement of WBCs. These circumstances make it difficult for WBCs to reach the infection.

you need to talk to your doctor about this

You shouldn’t mess around with that, you can die so don’t risk it. I left it for over a week and my whole arm ended up red and then I finally went to the doctor and she made me go to the hospital immediately. Since then I have known people who have died from it.