Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why is my girlfriend against religion and is trying to stop me from practicing and take the place of religion?

When I first told her I was a Christian she responded with "eeew", which i told her was disrespectful and she apologized but she expressed that she hated religion for reasons that I can understand. The first time I had her staying over and I tried to go to church she stopped me, and she does that every time and she told me to stop going to church. She told me that no boyfriend of hers kneels before anything but her (meaning for sex reasons) and she uses sex to stop me. I know that I could say no to her, but I'm just too weak. It's partly because she tempts me with sex and partly because I love her and would do anything for her. I get why sex before marriage is considered bad now since I wouldn't be in this situation.

I feel like I am going to marry her one day. She wants that but a legal marriage no a religious one. She thinks religious marriage is sexist especially because she earns more than me and she can defend herself, maybe better than I can since she knows MMA.

I haven't been practicing at all since she started staying at mine regularly. part of me is really happy because I am so happy with her, but I don't know if what I'm doing is wrong long term. Like what about if we have children?

Favorite Answer

first of all i'm not christian... but from what you write here it feel like you cannot practice your faith if your do not go to church.... i don't know how christian pray but i think you still can practice your faith even if you don't go to church... sorry if you find my comment kind of rude but i think you just lazy in practicing your belief.

• Doug

When sex becomes idolatry...

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org

First, if you're Christian, you should read the scriptures. It says that you should not marry an unbeliever. This is presented as being unequally yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14). An unbeliever will always try to pull you away from God. We should be on a quest for holiness. Holiness comes from God (the Holy One).

Second, why are you sleeping with her? Sex is supposed to be for a man and a woman within the constraints of marriage. Sex outside of marriage was a pagan practice that God punished the Moabites, Amorites, and other pagan nations in the Old Testament. From a practical aspect, sleeping with someone makes it harder for you to make decisions that might break up the relationship. If she wants to leave you for your faith, then sleeping with her would make it harder for you to choose your walk with God over her.

Finally, why does she hate religion? How are you showing her Christianity? This goes back to you sleeping with her, but also how you treat her and lead your life. Do you look like the rest of the world? Or do you look different? Do you carry yourself in a more Godly manner? If you live according to Christ's word, what's to stop you from winning her for the Kingdom of God?

• I would ditch her asss faster than the speed of light. Not because you dislike her but because she does NOT know herself. If she did she would know that human love does not separate the deepest convictions of the lovers.

• Retief

There is no law that says you have to keep her as your girlfriend if she doesn't accept your beliefs.

This is how God dealt with me and my sex addiction:

"What's the difference between you and a prostitute?"

"Why do you paint your eyes when your lovers despise you?"

"Why degrade yourself by worshipping a created thing rather than the Creator of all things?"

Why would you worship a created thing?

Why degrade yourself?

As a former sex addict, I can't wag a boney finger at anyone. I KNOW how the need/want of sex keeps you looking for a clean attractive source.... keeps you thinking of ways to get it.... keeps making you dress and act a certain way to attract it.

God forbid you attract an ugly person by your behaviour. That would repulse you.

But all this running around to get some.... where has it led you? You have worn yourself out trying to get and keep your lovers until there is barely enough humanity left in you left to form a corpse.

Yet, our Heavenly Father loves you anyway.

He is even jealous for your love.

He wants to rescue you like a knight in shining armor... and take you to His palace.... wash you and forgive you and make you His own.

Never bringing to mind the things of the past.

He will forgive you... if you only admit to what you've done and give your heart to Him to heal.

Second chances are Jesus' first favorite kind of chance and His love is better than life itself.

Yes... God loves you just the way you are....

But He loves you too much to leave you that way.

It's not your love for God that you are struggling with, but rather your love for sex. Um, that kind of reminds me of why Adam gave in to Eve in his disobedience to God.

Do you ever read your Bible? It doesn't appear so to me. Going to church is fine but it does not really make a great difference in your life if you don't know Gods Word. What am I referring to? Well, there a verse that is talking to people that are in your situation. 2Corinthians Chapter 6 says14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?… Being in a relationship with an unbeliever is always going to turn out the same. The believer compromises their beliefs to such a degree that they find themselves backslidden to the point they were when they accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. From the sound of things that is exactly where you are present. So, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if you have any sense at all you should be able to figure it out.

I doubt you'd have the cojones for such a woman.

You're a young boi living in a basement fantasising about chicks.

~

• Chi girl

Bingo.

• Jea

She knows religion is a life-wrecker. Pay attention to her, she is smarter than you are.

• kate

Jea why do you take my words, and ideas and try to make them your own? Is that what you learned in psych 101? LOL