Senior Citizens- whats the point in getting any older if you're not going to get any wiser. So how come so many of you believe in the bible?

• Sam
    Favorite Answer

The thought of burning in hell scares them. They live like monsters their whole life, then want to get right with God before they die, thinking they won't go to hell if they believe.

It's all that 'born again" crap.

But if it makes them feel better in their last years, while they are still alive, let them believe. as long as they push it on others. Surprisingly, there are even rocket scientist who become believers in their old age. They probably figure, what have they got to lose and its a way to meet others because most of their friends and family are dead and gone and they are lonely.

Churches will support their hope that they will go to a wonderful place full of beauty and peace when they die.

One thing is true, they will find peace when they die. They'll never have another worry in life. But you don't need to believe in God to know that.

Source(s): If you love someone, tell them now, because you won't be able to do it in some mystical afterlife. P.S. If that avatar pic is you, then you need to brush your nice long hair back and get rid of the 'fu manchu' .. grow a full scraggly and keep it trimmed short.. that'd look hot. They way your hair looks in pic, almost looks like a wig. A nice wig though ;)
    • Sam

actually upon closer look, it looks like guy in pic does have full beard, sorta

I find it very easy to believe what the bible says when I can see the prophecies happening around me. Forecast centuries ago many are being fulfilled in my lifetime.

I’m not a senior citizen but am wise enough to know that the BIBLE (or as I refer to it Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) is definitely my guide to living on this earth through good and bad times. After all, we will all meet God when we die, so I’d rather have a good relationship with him now then suffer the consequences because I fell for a lie by some dude who is meaningless in the end! All Praise and Glory to God!!

• Nanny6 months agoReport

Great answer Tony!

Because the Bible, especially the New Testament, is an outstanding way to have order and decency. The Bible teaches discipline and wisdom, not to mention prayer and respect. There is a God!

The point is that we have little choice as to whether or not we get old. We just live until something happens to stop our getting older. And some feel that religion is a poultice to help get us through life whether we believe in religion or not.

maybe the ones who believe in the bible are the wise ones? And if there is no point getting older then why are you continuing to breath everyday?

• Nanny6 months agoReport

Your comment makes no sense. Why do you continue to breath every day & why are you anonymous?!

Ah. Another teenager who knows everything.

Mâny ôf the folks 80+ years of age I'v

met through out my life were Atheist a/o

Agnostic a selec few were religius tbh

ťhôugh.

• David

Oh, I know a lot of awfully wise senior citizens. Maybe you could learn from them.

• audrey

Why? Because we know were gonna die and we need something to look forward to!

• Sam

you said that much better than I ;) short and simple, and correct.