Not really sure what this guy wants, intentions are or what he is feeling or understand why he has blocked me on Facebook. Dating life.?

I have known a guy for nearly a year now. We never made it a thing together because of work and it wouldn't have worked.

He said he had feelings for me and does like me and likes spending time with me, we ended up becoming friends with benefits, but deep down wish we hadn't done anything. I don't really see him at all anymore, but he will text me now and again, once a month usually to check how I am and always says he wants to know I am OK and he is there for me. I was really sad recently and got in touch with him and he wanted to travel 50 miles to come and see me because I wasn't good, and he did. I can tell he still likes and fancies me with the way he is with me. But also he seems messed up with things.

After seeing him he then doesn't speak for ages or respond to messages for a long time. Nothing bad at all has happened between us but he always comes back and I don't know why. He has blocked me on Facebook recently and I don't know why. He doesn't really like hearing too much about when I talk about other guys, or doesn't really go there.

I don't really know why he's blocked me or what he actually wants from me or why he feels a need to message me now and again.

• R L

no guy wants to hear about other guys or lovers---male ego....even if its FWB relationship. He obviously has had or have feeling for you still...to what extent I don't know.

• Alan H

Friend, yes. More than that, no.

Look closer to home

find someone better

• Orla C

Friends with benefits? He's just keeping you sweet in case he needs/wants a convenient shag with no strings attached. He's using you, in other words.

My advice: Block him on all your social media and phone, forget him and move on.

And as for the FWB thing - for most people, it doesn't work. And I don't think it's working for you. So don't go sleeping with someone as soon as you meet them, wait a while.

• g

Novel idea - you could actually talk to him about this. No one else can possibly answer for him.

He's a casual friend - so why worry about it? He doesn't want to know your daily life if dates with other guys upsets him. He's cut that out of HIS life. He'll be in touch occasionally and that sounds OK with you......so let it go. Why give yourself a load of grief over a trivial internet choice of his?