Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 11 months ago

Metal in buger?

A few days ago i had bit into a buger at dennys thay had a piece of metal inside. I told thw manger and sever and they took the buger off my receipt (voided it) after i called corporate and let them know what happened. Should i sue or wait untill their risk assesment department calls me back?

Wait for the call. While food contamination is somewhat common, you had no injury and would likely lose a suit. They’d remedied the circumstance by voiding the “buger”

Hi. Unless you have swallowed it and get lots of blood out of your mouth, you will not get lots of money from the lawsuit. Probably ask them to appologize to you.

You have absolutely no lawsuit in this case

You have already been made whole, they took the burger off your bill, so you are not out 1 penny. I am guessing you will get a couple gift cards for maybe $25.00, but no money from the company, and they will of course send you the routine "we are sorry" note and that is it.

You were not injured, you did not seek medical attention and in fact I am betting you do not even have the object you claim was in the burger and even if you did, so what you were not injured.

The company removed the cost of the burger from your bill, that is the only compensation you will get, anything else is a bonus

I only have the receipt of them voiding the meal

They won't call you back, but if they do, it will be to reiterate their apology for what happened. However, you don't have a lawsuit. You weren't injured, incurred no medical bills, and therefore, don't have a cause of action.

Can you define your risk assessment?

You need to prove that the metal was in the burger. I assume that you kept the burger and the metal.

You may get a couple of gift cards.

Source(s): customers scam chain restaurants all the time. they are experienced in these types of suits

You misspelled Booger

A good idea, that way you can buy yourself a dictionary when the your compensation comes through.