Brenna asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

How do I let my beloved 10 year old little cat know that stepping or jumping all over my keyboard or homework is inappropriate?

-When I'm trying to get work done?

• J C
    Favorite Answer

Provide a nice bed - even a folded, fluffy towel - next to your work space. Mine sit on their beds and not my keyboard (and I am too old for homework LOL!). Your cat wants to be near you at all times, and often providing a suitable space to do that eliminates the problem you are having. Good luck!

You could always shut the door. Or get a spray bottle, fill with water, and train her to stay down.

Hahaha I remember when my cat was a little kitty and would ALWAYS be on top of my homework. You just tell it to not do that the nicest way possible then they'll learn or give them treats

• David

Not going to happen. If you are paying attention to the computer and your cat wants attention it is going to walk all over the keyboard.

• Ocimom

I have a blanket next to the computer my cat sleeps on. But all you need to do is just confine the cat in another room with the door closed while you do your homework - then let her out and play with her.

Get rid of it...........

• Warren

idiot!

She needs to understand the consequences of her actions. Take her on a trip to a deprived neighborhood with high unemployment, and explain how it's inhabited by people who didn't get an education and didn't do their homework, like shepherds and vet technicians.

u don't. cats do what they want and if u do not like it u should not get a cat.

Your kitten loves you so much she wants to help you. also wants your attention.

Teaching cat something will take time, maybe just find ways to prevent such behavior altogether via distracting it or moving some furniture about to prevent it from reaching wherever either is placed?

• PAMELA

You can't, cats do what they like to do, you are sitting at the keyoard so the cat wants to be there too! unless you shut him out of the room he will continue to do just that!

Cats do not like you paying so much attention to anything else except them.