Carmen asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

My cats stomach grew rapidly in less than a week. Is there something wrong with her?

I have a calico cat and her stomach grew very quickly over the last week and I tried to feel her stomach but it was hardish and she got mad. She usually let s me touch her stomach. Can she be sick???? I also have a Male cat but he is neutered. Also she is an inside cat and has never been outside.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Get her to a vet. It could be bloat.

• 6 months ago

A friends cat once jumped into the trash basket and ate a bunch of corn cobs. Then they had to pay for an expensive operation. Pet insurance is no answer because it's obscenely expensive. From a monetary point of view, it's best to avoid pets altogether. They are still better than children though since they only live 12 to 14 years. A parasitic child can drain your finances for a lifetime . . . especially if living in your basement or attic and running up your utility bills.

• 6 months ago

I noticed the same thing with my cat. It was also an indoor car. I took him straight to the vet - turned out to be a cancerous tumor. He died on the operating table.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No idea, take the cat to the vet as obviously something is very wrong

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Get her to the vet NOW. Likely its FIP which is fatal. Or it could be fast growing tumor or cancer. Keep her separated from the other cats - FIP can be passed from cat to cat.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

So get a vet to check her out!

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Constipated cat. Take it to a vet. It might have eaten something that it cannot digest and will need surgery to remove. Be sure you vet is properly equipped. Not all vets have the equipment and skill.

• 6 months ago

So she isn't altered? And you PAID to have this cat neutered or adopted him neutered? If not then of course she is PREGNANT. It could also be a belly full of worms, FIP, a tumor, etc, etc. GET THIS CAT TO A VET.

• Go to the vet asap

• 6 months ago

Don’t ask the internet, go to the vet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.