Carmen asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

My cats stomach grew rapidly in less than a week. Is there something wrong with her?

I have a calico cat and her stomach grew very quickly over the last week and I tried to feel her stomach but it was hardish and she got mad. She usually let s me touch her stomach. Can she be sick???? I also have a Male cat but he is neutered. Also she is an inside cat and has never been outside.

Get her to a vet. It could be bloat.

A friends cat once jumped into the trash basket and ate a bunch of corn cobs. Then they had to pay for an expensive operation. Pet insurance is no answer because it's obscenely expensive. From a monetary point of view, it's best to avoid pets altogether. They are still better than children though since they only live 12 to 14 years. A parasitic child can drain your finances for a lifetime . . . especially if living in your basement or attic and running up your utility bills.

I noticed the same thing with my cat. It was also an indoor car. I took him straight to the vet - turned out to be a cancerous tumor. He died on the operating table.

• Maxi

No idea, take the cat to the vet as obviously something is very wrong

• Ocimom

Get her to the vet NOW. Likely its FIP which is fatal. Or it could be fast growing tumor or cancer. Keep her separated from the other cats - FIP can be passed from cat to cat.

• PAMELA

So get a vet to check her out!

• Edwena

Constipated cat. Take it to a vet. It might have eaten something that it cannot digest and will need surgery to remove. Be sure you vet is properly equipped. Not all vets have the equipment and skill.

So she isn't altered? And you PAID to have this cat neutered or adopted him neutered? If not then of course she is PREGNANT. It could also be a belly full of worms, FIP, a tumor, etc, etc. GET THIS CAT TO A VET.

• Go to the vet asap

Don’t ask the internet, go to the vet.