Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 6 months ago

How old is too old to be a bridesmaid?

So I plan on asking 5 girls to be bridesmaids and one to be maid of honor. My maid of honor is 22. And the bridesmaids ages are 22, 26, 27, and 32, the 5th I would ask is 50 years old. We are really close, I met her through work and she’s close with 2 of the other bridesmaids. Is that weird to ask her to be a bridesmaid or am I just over thinking it?

• Trish
    Favorite Answer

You may have cause to think that but it's not a big deal. I would ask her and enjoy the day. Congratulations.

• Lita

There is no such thing as too old to a bridesmaid.

• Ocimom

Never too old. If this person is special to you - then by all means include her.

You're overthinking it. A wedding is supposed to be about bringing together the people you love to help you celebrate your union. It's not about how people look in the photos, it's not about achieving the perfect uniformity in your wedding party. It's supposed to be about more important things.

I think 105 years old is too old to be a bridesmaid.

The honor or being a bridesmaid has no age limit.

age doesn't matter. what if a person got remarried at 50? what, you want all of their bridesmaids to be 20??

and, no one cares nor will they be looking at her... all she's doing is standing up there. that's literally it. doesn't take a genius.

Why would it be weird to ask her to be a bridesmaid? I don't see what's weird about it.

• Kelly

You're overthinking it, anyone can be a bridesmaids regardless of age. Your bridesmaids is about who you're close to and who you want to stand with you on you day, not their ages.

I'm 44 and I'll be in a wedding as a bridesmaid in October for my cousin who is 28. Despite our age differences, we're quite close.

• Athena

You can ask and YES you are overthinking it.

Your overthinking it. You might want to think about the choice of dresses, what looks 'cute' on 20 year old women might not look so cute on her.