My MOM won’t let me join the Marine Corps! Help please?

I just turned 17 years old a few days ago, and been very interested in the military life for a few years. Yesterday I talked to a real cool recruiter on the phone and I asked what the age limits were. He said between 17-28, and beyond those ages require a waiver. I told him my age and I said I’m healthy,... show more I just turned 17 years old a few days ago, and been very interested in the military life for a few years. Yesterday I talked to a real cool recruiter on the phone and I asked what the age limits were. He said between 17-28, and beyond those ages require a waiver. I told him my age and I said I’m healthy, passionate, very physically qualified, and ready to join. He told me being 17 requires your parent or guardian’s consent.
I was real excited and told my mom how much it means to me to serve and how much I want this. She was horrified and said stuff like I’ll never become a Marine, it’s too dangerous, they’ll use me as a pawn, they’ll screw me over I’ll regret it, etc. I begged her for hours to please allow her consent and she REFUSED. She isn’t budging.

Do you think she’ll come around and eventually give consent? She’s all I have and I don’t have a father. It really means the world to me to serve and be a Marine, it’s an honorable field that I’d be forever privileged and honored to be in. I hate to wait another whole year and enlist when I’m 18, but I guess I’m willing to wait if worst comes to worst. Is there anything I can say or do to convince my mom to let me join while I’m 17?

Any advice and insight would be appreciated! Semper Fi!