Do I sound right for the Marines?

I’m a young guy in my early 20s and it’s been a passion to serve my country and be a part of the brotherhood since I was a kid.

I’m very respectful, I’m very good at following orders and taking direction, I listen to and respect authoritative figures very well, I’m a humble and quiet guy who’s never been into trouble. My criminal record is all clear with nothing on it at all, my financial status is good, and I don’t have any serious health problems. The only thing I had was a sports injury in the past, which I’ve recovered from now.

I’m also very physically fit and I’m a naturally

active person.

I’m not joining for the benefits or for free things; I want to join because it’s something that’s genuinely in my heart to do. More for patriotic reasons.

Thank you so much!

Favorite Answer

You don't have to be Rambo to join the Marines.

If you are breathing and meet the minimum requirements, they'll take you.

• Cee

Ask the recruiter.

• ?

If you are as you say and you desire severe discipline, the Marines are for you. Hopefully, you don't have severe sports injuries.

"The phew. The plowed. The Maroons."

The only way to know if you have the qualities that the Marine Corp are looking for is to talk to a Marine Recruiter.

Source(s): My father was a "China" Marine 1926-1932
    • David6 months agoReport

Unless the recruiter tries to bribe you with crayons...damn we always fell for the crayons.

You are only right for the Marines if you have spent some time with someone who has been in the Marines for a while, like a family member, and had some serious honest, deep talks about what their day to day life is like and then after some serious consideration, imagining yourself living like that, thinking about the reality they told you, and not your own guesses, then decide you want that kind of life for yourself.

Otherwise you're just a kid with ideas that may be quite far from reality.