Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

Could I be pregnant?

I’m 25, I’ve always had irregular periods that lasts almost 2 weeks. In June I started taking birth control pills (the combination of both hormones). When I started my second pack on July 12th (Friday) I had taken them till August 1, which was the last day of week 2, and I missed the first 3 days of week 3 of my birth control and had unprotected sex for that weekend (2-5 of August). That Monday August 5, I started bleeding light and then got a bit dark and only bleed for 3 days and then it stopped( remind you that my projected period was supposed to start a week later) and apparently I had withdrawal bleeding from missing the pills. Now is gonna be 3 weeks soon later and my nipples are darker, I’m more hungry than normal and I’m tired all the time and I’m bloated. Could I be pregnant? I’m going to take a pregnancy test in 2 weeks but I wanna make sure I’m not going crazy.

If you miss more than one pill a cycle, you're supposed to use condoms for the rest of the cycle as backup. It's possible you had a period from stopping the pill. See a doctor and get an IUD, since the pill isn't right for you.

< and I missed the first 3 days of week 3 of my birth control >

Yes. Not taking birth control definitely increases the risk of pregnancy.

< and my nipples are darker >

That's not typically seen till much later, like week 12

And I’m very moody lately and Is annoying lol