How can I get rid of acne without drying up my face?

Try this:-

- wash your face regularly with a facial wash which is designed for acne prone skin. There are different types of face wash made for acne prone skin, but you may find some products work better than others, so you need to work out what works best for you. I would recommend that you try clearasil. That was what I used when I was a teenager, and it helped me quite a bit. Also, any face wash or scrub which contains tea tree can be good at treating acne. If you use a facial scrub, use one which is gentle. Don't use a harsh scrub, as it will only irritate and inflame the acne.

A good one will be oil free, and I would also recommend that you look for 'non-comedogenic' or 'non-acnegenic' on the label. This means that the product is designed to treat acne.

No matter what type you use, make sure you don't over wash your face. This will otherwise dry your skin out, meaning your skin responds by producing even more oil, which can make it worse. Twice a day is fine.

- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water - this helps wash away impurities.

- Dissolve some aspirin tablets in the water you wash your face with to help dry your skin

- Make a paste from baking soda and water, dab a bit on your spots and wait a few minutes, then scrub your face with more of the paste and rinse. This exfoliates dead skin cells, loosens blackheads and leaves your skin smooth.

- Apply a dab of toothpaste (the paste kind, not the gel kind and not the tartar control one, as the chemicals are too harsh) or some manuka honey to you spots and cover with a first aid plaster before you go to bed. This helps dry the spots out quicker.

- Apply a dab of cortaid to spots to reduce tenderness and swelling.

- Apply some witch hazel to your skin with a cotton wool ball or pad to remove excess oil.

- Coat your face with a thin layer of PVA glue and let it dry, then peel off - this exfoliates your skin. It's water soluble, so will wash off easily should it stick to your eyebrows.

- Add a teaspoon of epsom salts and 3 drops of iodine to half a cup of boiling water, allow to cool, then apply to the clogged pores. Repeat 3-4 times, reheating the solution if necessary.

- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water, then apply to your face with cotton wool to re-adjust your skin to the correct pH.

- Dab some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton wool pad or ball and rub on your face to cleanse your pores.

- Mix a teaspoon each of corn starch with lemon juice, apply to pimples and let dry - this helps the spots dry quicker.

- Apply some liquid shoe polish - the pipe clay and zinc oxide dries the spots and helps bring them to a head

- Dampen a tea bag with hot water (don't wring it out) and apply as a compress

- Put some mouthwash (not cool mint, as it contains sugar) on your skin with a saturated cotton wool ball or pad, wait for the tingling sensation to stop, rinse with warm water, then splash your face with cold water to close pores.

- Dab some neosporin on the affected area - the antibiotic helps clear up acne.

- Make a bowl of porridge according to pack instructions, apply to your face, cover with a flannel dampened with warm water and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse. Apply for a week or as often as needed - this dries the skin.

- Dab some Vics VapoRub on the affected area to help.

- DO NOT pick at, squeeze or burst your spots - this will spread the oils and bacteria, which will only make them worse and can lead to scarring.

- Resist the temptation to cover the spots in a load of makeup - doing so will make it worse.

- If you do use concealer, put a swipe on the back of your hand, then apply with your finger. Applying it directly with a stick or the wand will contaminate the rest of the makeup.

- If it's really bad, consult a dermatologist for help.

Hope this helps.

Diet is a big part of acne, especially if your skin is oily. Wheat, milk, and sugar causes me acne as well as most people. Don’t always look for ways to treat the skin, look for the internal reasons that are causing it. Your body is trying to get rid of toxins

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

• Mark

Witchhazel works really well. Reduce or limit fatty/junk food, drink plenty of filtered water. Cleanse your face morning and night.

You could drink tons of water and limit alcohol