Andrew asked in SportsWrestling · 6 months ago

Alternatives to car stereo?

I recently had an electrical short in my 99 civic that ruined my battery and so the stereo locked however I don’t have the code for it. I took it to the dealership and they said they’d have to charge me $160 to take out the stereo and get the Serial number to get the code through their process. I can’t afford that and I really don’t want to spend more than $20 on this issue since I’m planning on getting a new car soon.

But in the meantime I’m trying to find other alternatives to using the stereo. Some I came up with are using my phone to play music and for navigation or putting it through A bluetooth ear bud. I thought about a Bluetooth speaker but unfortunately I don’t have a good one. If you have any ideas I may be missing it’d be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Favorite Answer

It's not difficult to disassemble the dash of a '99 civic.

Learn something, and save yourself a little money in the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7U_NrZfh68

Youtube thumbnail

Son, it's time to go gambling and hit $50,000.

Or...look for a buyer and sell the vehicle for $1,000.

Big lots sound stereo subwoofer box (They should plug up via usb)

Usb to cigarette lighter adapter to power the box.

Then use your phones bloodtooth to connect it to the subwoofer box (They are all bloodtooth compatible)

buy a cheap blue tooth speaker

Look on Youtube for ways to pull the serial number that you need to get the code from Honda online. Or you can scan the manual if you have one for the code written on one of the pages. Also if you disconnect the battery again for 15 seconds the radio will unlock. You only get three trys.

Take it to any stereo shop, they can likely cancel out the security code (they used it do it on mine when I would take it in for servicing, they didn't even bother phoning me to ask for it).

• .

Buy a better Bluetooth speaker for your iPhone.