Alternatives to car stereo?

I recently had an electrical short in my 99 civic that ruined my battery and so the stereo locked however I don’t have the code for it. I took it to the dealership and they said they’d have to charge me $160 to take out the stereo and get the Serial number to get the code through their process. I can’t afford that... show more I recently had an electrical short in my 99 civic that ruined my battery and so the stereo locked however I don’t have the code for it. I took it to the dealership and they said they’d have to charge me $160 to take out the stereo and get the Serial number to get the code through their process. I can’t afford that and I really don’t want to spend more than $20 on this issue since I’m planning on getting a new car soon.

But in the meantime I’m trying to find other alternatives to using the stereo. Some I came up with are using my phone to play music and for navigation or putting it through A bluetooth ear bud. I thought about a Bluetooth speaker but unfortunately I don’t have a good one. If you have any ideas I may be missing it’d be greatly appreciated. Thank you