What do I do with my sadness when the whole extended family gathers at Christmas and does not ask me cause they don't want my mother there?

For example two upcoming weddings where I likely won't be asked cause of the families exclusion of my mother. While it is not personal against me, I miss out on being a part of the family and I cannot begin to describe how much that hurts. NOTE----I am not trolling, it is an ongoing problem which is why I... show more For example two upcoming weddings where I likely won't be asked cause of the families exclusion of my mother. While it is not personal against me, I miss out on being a part of the family and I cannot begin to describe how much that hurts.

NOTE----I am not trolling, it is an ongoing problem which is why I continue to ask about it.
Update: In my mother's family the descendants of enemies are enemies themselves. My mother will not associate with her enemies offspring either.