tay asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 6 months ago

How are women protected/advantaged in business ownership laws?

Seen it in an answer on here where it’s better to be female and own a business these days but someone explain more

They are not. Some gov contracts go only to women and minority owners.

Special opportunities and assistance exist for women-owned businesses, which are those with at least 51 percent ownership by a woman or women, including contracts, procurement set-asides and financial and/or business assistance. Not all women-owned businesses choose to pursue these options, but certifying your business as a woman’s business enterprise (WBE) will open certain doors for you.

• tay6 months agoReport

Thanks for giving me ammunition for the MGTOW movement

A woman of color is more likely to start a business than a man. Entrepreneurship is the driving force in the US economy, the economic vitality of the country is dependent on entrepreneurship.

Support of woman and minority business ownership, as I said the most likely demographic that will start a new business, is an investment in the future. It isn't a protection or advantage given them, it is an investment in the demographic most critical to the economic vitality of the nation,.

Source(s): 15 years as a economic development professional
  • John

My wife and I have a business - 36 years now. With separate books- technically we are two businesses. And always an accountant. And I don't know anything about anything you suggest. Nobody ever says anything about her being female and getting some break.

I have nothing against women working or owning a business, but this crap really make me angry. A bunch of liberals (and some conservatives too) telling women they can't take care of them self. Oh you poor helpless women! You can't make it without our help!

My grandmother, my mom, and 2 of my sisters Owned and operated businesses without a bit of help from the government. And neither does any other woman. I think they are as good as any man and better than most.

Many times I have loaned money to women to start or expand their business, who couldn't borrow from a bank. And every single stinking time I charged them interest. JUST LIKE I DO WITH MEN. I would NEVER disrespect any woman by telling her in any way that she had to get a better advantage to complete.

In most situations they aren't

With federal contracting companies have to award at least 5% of their contracts to certified woman owned small businesses