Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutArgentinaBariloche · 4 months ago

Why does my manager at work assume that I know a lot?

He has like 20 years of experience. I have about a month of experience. He sometimes asks me if I can do certain tasks he's doing. Maybe this explains why 3 other people quit my position before me?

He may want to see what you do know and if he asks you and it is something you do not know then tell him that you do not know but want to learn

• Because you're the expert in just how stupid or incompetent you are.

How is he gonna know what you can do unless he ask you?

• ?

The most professionally competent people don't see the world in terms of "what I can do vs. what I can't," but more "how can I get paid more for my capabilities than I currently am."

That might involve doing more work, but at some point, everybody who makes too much gets lazy while still making too much.

His experience is just making him look for an approach that will allow him to consolidate activities while gradually getting raises. If you don't understand the world in this way, then maybe you should take those responsibilities, because worst-case scenario is that you now have more experience that you can put on future resumes.

Once you wake up, you'll see the advantage.