Casey asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 months ago

I plan to join the infantry (11b) national guard. What are the chances I can volunteer to a combat zone.?

I want to join the infantry but can’t go active duty due to an apprenticeship in a trade I have to finish so I have a career. But I also want to join the infantry and deploy to a combat zone during my time in. I have been told as a guardsmen the chances of this happening even if I want it to are low. What are the chances I will actually be able to deploy to combat zone.

• Mark B

Your chances of volunteering are 100%. Your chances of being accepted for an active duty deployment are 0. Your chances of deploying as a Guardsman with an Infantry unit from your state are about 1 in 100.

IF you deploy as a Guardsman under today's deployment frequency, you will likely go to Kuwait You MIGHT be issued live ammunition.

as a former DI since 17 years old your a liar

• Mrsjvb

Pretty close to zero. Not a whole lotta Individual Augmentee orders right now

slim to none

unless your guard unit is activated and deploiyed

they do not deploy individuals, they deploy units

It would be easier in Reserves because of the way the command structure is.

There isn't a ton of combat going on right now. Kinda depends on where that goes.

• KaleyK

If you want combat, enlist in the US Marine Corps as an 0311, Rifleman. Make that your career and you will see plenty of action.