Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

Medical advice?

I’ve taken 32 paracetamol in less then two days and had some weed bit alcohol and tiny bit of morphine will I be fine had no medical assistance?

renal failure is one of the slowest and most painful ways to off yourself . good luck with the dialysis . idiot .

I can't believe the number of people who post stuff like this and then ask "will I be okay?"

Hi Paige.

If you don't get the antidote immediately you will be dead in about 2 weeks from liver failure. Normally you have 12 hours following a paracetamol overdose to get the antidote but as you've taken a 'staggered overdose' they will start the antidote drip immediately instead of waiting for blood test results. Expect to be admitted for 24-72 hours for treatment as well as a mental health assessment. Liver failure is one of the most painful and traumatic ways to die which is something to bear in mind. This is an obvious cry for help so please go to A&E and get the help you want and need. You don't need an ambulance but if you have absolutely no means of getting there call 111 or 999.

No go to the hospital right now i'm not kidding.

Parcetamol takes a while to kick in - like a day or so and when it does you can lose limbs or die.

Even 12 or so paracetamol tablets are enough to kill, my mother has had many people in with paracetamol overdoses and its deadly (she's an ICU nurse), they usually don't expect it to actually do much harm but it does a lot.