promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 months ago

Survey: Delivery agents/ Service agent should show their ID Proof, instead of asking for ID proof of recipient ?

Recently, I was asked to show my ID in-order to receive a package,

If a guy come to one's house to deliver a package, and ask to show ID proof. Shouldn't be other way around, Why owner of house need to authenticate. Stranger who came to deliver or do servicing should validate their ID.

What do you think?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

They ask for ID so they know the package is being accepted by the intended recipient.

Also they might ask for ID if the package contains anything age restricted.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

They only ask for ID to make sure they are giving the pkg to the right person. If they handed it to anyone at the door and its the wrong person? And the pkg is stolen then it costs the company money and thr delivery man may get fired. Here in america. Ups or usps dont ask for ID. They go up to the door and hand it to anyone wgo says im him or her. In some places they just leave the pkg on the doorstep? And people come along and steal it. Asking for the delivery mans ID is not nessasary! Unless you think hes a mad bomber bringing bombs to ppl in pkgs. Maybe in Israel? Or Palestine? But not anywhere in the world.

• 9 months ago

That's usually a requirement set by the shipper ...in most cases, for expensive items. People sometimes claim they didn't receive things when they did. I guess verifying ID closes that window of doubt, or at least makes people less bold when it comes to making false claims.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.