I'm concerned about Americans eating habits.?

A little background information, I'm a 26 year old female from a small town in Sweden. Our population is very self conscious with their health and Its rare to see a very obese person. Most are breastfed till they are 3 and then eat a meat and vegetables and whole grain diet. No sugar and fruit is a dessert.

A year ago I went to the USA to visit a family member for the first time, my aunt, i was very excited to see the huge country. The trip was amazing the landscape was beautiful and so many things to do.

One morning we went to a breakfast place, It was called "Dennys" now, here is where I got concerned. As I started to look on the menu I noticed something. Americans are having sugar filled desserts at 9 am and calling it breakfast!

Cinnamon baked pastries with sugar, bread with sugar and maple syrup( which is what we use to sweeten our cakes). Their pancakes are filled with sugar and topped with whip cream and more sugar! Crazy! I noticed everyone was eating this and i asked my aunt and she said it's common. A week later we had "Donuts" dont even get me started on thoes!

Dinner was normal. I was able to eat normal stuff like baked chicken with rice and veggies. Delicious.

The point I'm trying to make is, I'm worried. I'm worried about their health. And I'm also worried that the population is being absoultely manipulated to think this is normal! Please Americans, stop eating the poison.

• Mark

Don'ť,

Ťhė American diet isn't effcting us as

the exprts sugges kids born this year hav

a good chance at living into their 90's.

Welcome to America.

I am not entirely convinced of the veracity of your Swedish upbringing, because I am sure they have sugar in Sweden too, but I do agree with your assessment of american breakfasts. I was rather shocked the first time I saw massive meals of hash browns, eggs, bacon and pancakes with syrup, all on the same day and all on the same plate.

No wonder they have such a problem with weight, diabetes, heart attacks and other health problems.

• Jamie6 months agoReport

We definately have sugar, but we do not eat it often, at least in my village.