I'm concerned about Americans eating habits.?

A little background information, I'm a 26 year old female from a small town in Sweden. Our population is very self conscious with their health and Its rare to see a very obese person. Most are breastfed till they are 3 and then eat a meat and vegetables and whole grain diet. No sugar and fruit is a dessert. A... show more A little background information, I'm a 26 year old female from a small town in Sweden. Our population is very self conscious with their health and Its rare to see a very obese person. Most are breastfed till they are 3 and then eat a meat and vegetables and whole grain diet. No sugar and fruit is a dessert.

A year ago I went to the USA to visit a family member for the first time, my aunt, i was very excited to see the huge country. The trip was amazing the landscape was beautiful and so many things to do.

One morning we went to a breakfast place, It was called "Dennys" now, here is where I got concerned. As I started to look on the menu I noticed something. Americans are having sugar filled desserts at 9 am and calling it breakfast!

Cinnamon baked pastries with sugar, bread with sugar and maple syrup( which is what we use to sweeten our cakes). Their pancakes are filled with sugar and topped with whip cream and more sugar! Crazy! I noticed everyone was eating this and i asked my aunt and she said it's common. A week later we had "Donuts" dont even get me started on thoes!

Dinner was normal. I was able to eat normal stuff like baked chicken with rice and veggies. Delicious.

The point I'm trying to make is, I'm worried. I'm worried about their health. And I'm also worried that the population is being absoultely manipulated to think this is normal! Please Americans, stop eating the poison.