Listing is taken off of the position I applied for. Should I just give up?

Tired of employers beating around the bush after I get interviewed. Rather people say they aren’t interested me at the first interview

Again I’m not trying to sound entitled. I just really want a job. I need one for my medical bills

Opportunities in life are as wide as the ocean and the sky. Be positive. God has great plans for you.

• In

One place I worked had the option of using team interviews which I lovingly called "gang bangs" to fill positions. As a department head I refused to use that process because I was responsible for managing, disciplining, or dismissing employees, and although the option was available I felt it was an abrogation of my duties to use subordinates to pick a new subordinate.

Anyhow to your question, whenever I had an open position I would review the applications and resumes/CV's and select the 5 best applicants to interview. After the interview I would make notes about my impressions and would make my selection after I had finished with the interviews, background checks, and NICS checks for criminal history. Although I might or might not be impressed with an applicant I always tried not to show it so as not to raise false hopes.

After I made the selection I would call the person selected to discuss hiring details and set them up with HR to sign up for tax withholding and insurance benefits and send a personal note to the other 4. The other applicants that were not selected for interviews would get the standard rejection form letter which I called the "go to hell" letter, at least in the privacy of my office.

To improve your chances of having a successful interview I suggest applying only to positions to which you have an aptitude and/or experience so you don't waste your time or theirs, show up ON TIME, be clean and dressed appropriately for the position you want, mute your cell phone or leave it in your car, and try to appear calm and relaxed even though you are a nervous wreck. Calling repeatedly will just annoy the person who interviewed you, since they have more to do than just hire new employees and are already over-worked due to being short handed. Who do you think picks up the slack?

Yes, quitting is the key to success. SMH

Then you will continue to be tired. They don't want to risk a bad reaction (you freaking out) nor would they want to risk a lawsuit over improper hiring practices...so they wont be telling you you're out when you go for the interview. Its to protect them...while being somewhat cruel to applicants...

Unless you are totally a bad fit, a company isn't going to determine at the interview if you aren't accepted to go on to the next step.

- the company is looking at/interviewing multiple candidates.

- after all the interviews then the individuals who have participated in the interviews will discuss the pros and cons of each candidate

- make a selection on who is moved to the next step.

The position could be removed from the job board because

- they have selected the candidate they want to hire

- they have many good candidates and don't need anyone else to apply

- they have decided that they are not going to hire for this role at this time.

i would just apply somewhere else

• In

Considering that you have never worked anywhere, your experience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Only if you want to fail. What you'd prefer employers do isn't relevant. If you need or want a job, then you apply to as many appropriate job openings as possible. It is a blow to our egos when we don't get a job, but you can't let that stop you. If you are confident that you are qualified for the positions to which you apply, then start doing some self-assessment about how you interview; what is your dress, grooming, attitude? Also consider who you are using for references and if there is anything you can do to improve your resume or qualifications.

Unemployment is really low, so eventually you should be able to find a position.

I've never ever been to an interview where they tell me they aren't interested at the first interview.. I also do interviews for my company & I've never told anyone at an interview that I'm not going to hire them.. Just don't want to hurt their feelings. If the listing is taken off they either have several apps that they like and are still deciding, or they have hired someone already. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a call, it just means they have received many resumes & know they will have enough to choose from. Never stop looking even when you do get an interview... until you have an offer! Good luck!

• Danielle3 months agoReport

Why are you going to give them false hope saying that you will call them and never do

Always assume they aren't interested in you.

No of course you don't give up. You keep applying for jobs until you get one.

Absolutely. Giving up always leads to success.